Departure from Nalchik at midnight to Tbilsis through Vladikavkaz about 300 km (we pick up those who wish to join from Vladikavkaz along the way).
The border of the Russian Federation takes an indefinite time, passport control.
It is possible to purchase a tour with an independent arrival in Tbilisi with an additional charge for a meeting and transfer from Tbilisi airport.
In 100 kilometers from Tbilisi, on the slope of the mountain, the small old town of Sighnaghi is comfortably located. With its purest air, real Georgian wine and beautiful architecture in the Italian style, Sighnaghi lures thousands of tourists to visit.
To say that Sighnaghi is simply beautiful is to say nothing, it is unique and amazing. Walking along it feelings of peace, happiness and love overwhelm. Signachine is called love city. There are at least two reasons for this:
- there is a marriage registry office working around the clock, accepting without an appointment;
- it was here that the artist Pirosmani gave a million roses to one actress (later Alla Pugacheva sang about this romantic act in her song);
- Here they shot one of the plots of the romantic film «Love with an accent.»
According to the first version, the city got its second name thanks to the beautiful wedding palace, which operates around the clock in Sighnaghi. You can make a marriage here even at night. To do this, it is enough to write an application in an hour, take documents and come with two witnesses to the registry office. In it, they union lovers with happiness.
The second legend of the city of love is touching and a bit sad. The famous and talented artist Niko Pirosmani, about whom Alla Pugacheva sings in her song “A Million Scarlet Roses”, was born and lived in Sighnaghi. He was very poor, so he had to work as a house painter for food and a roof over his head. Over time, his affairs began to gradually improve, and his great talent received public recognition. The artist used the money he earned to buy a house in which he continued to create his works of art. By a fatal coincidence, the young artist met the French actress Marguerite de Sèvres. The girl completely captured his heart. The favorite flowers of the actress were red roses. The artist loved her so much that he «sold his house, sold his paintings and shelter, and bought a whole sea of flowers with all the money.» The artist covered the area under the windows of the actress with a million beautiful scarlet roses. Unfortunately, the girl did not share his feelings, went back to France, leaving the poor artist with a broken heart. Perhaps this touching story actually happened in Sighnaghi, but most likely it is just a legend.
On the way to Tbilisi through the Georgian Military Highway, we will pass through: Daryal Gorge, Kazbegi village, Cross Pass, Gudauri ski resort.
- We will stop at the Ananuri Fortress:
Ananuri Fortress is located right on the Georgian Military Highway, 12 km from the small town of Ananuri. The distance from it to Tbilisi is 66 km. The fortress was built at the mouth of the Vedzatkhevi river on the banks of the Aragvi. Now the Zhinvali reservoir is located here. As the best preserved landmark of that era, Ananuri is proposed for inclusion in the UNESCO list.
- Zhinvali Reservoir: A very picturesque body of water surrounded by «velor» wooded mountains. Crystal clear turquoise water in which you can swim in summer. And from January to March, you can see unique pictures of an empty reservoir — the water level drops sharply and in some places you can even walk along the bottom.
Accommodation in a hotel in Tbilisi in the old town, rest.
The location of the hotel will allow you to get to various cafes, exchange offices and the main pedestrian street of Shardeni, and the most popular square of Tbilisi — Freedom Square in 2 minutes. All rooms are equipped with bath amenities. Free Wi-Fi is provided. Overnight.
- Departure to Kakheti — a region of ancient traditions and the most delicious wines of Georgia. Kakheti is once an independent kingdom, now part of Georgia. The realm of endless vineyards and picturesque Tushino mountains, ancient traditions and mysterious dead cities. The kingdom of the most delicious Georgian wines and the calm sadness of ancient monasteries.
- Bodbe— not far from Sighnaghi, in a picturesque area overlooking the Alazani Valley and, if you’re lucky, the snow-capped peaks of the Caucasus Range, the Bodbe Monastery is located. Saint Equal-to-the-Apostles Nina of Georgia, one of the most revered in Georgia, found her last refuge here. It contains the relics of the Enlightener of Georgia, St. Equal-to-the-Apostles Nina, who died there in 347, at the age of 67, after 35 years of apostolic asceticism.
- Sighnaghi — Sigakhi (Sighnaghi) is a small romantic town located on the slope of a cliff in the eastern part of the country of Georgia. Sighnaghi is translated from Turkish as «impregnable fortress», which characterizes the location of the city. The population is about 2000 inhabitants.
Lunch in a Georgian family overlooking the Alazani Valley. (extra charge)
Return to Tbilisi.
|The cost of the excursion day includes:||Additional costs:|
- Jvari Monastery — one of the most ancient temples in Georgia, which is included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Mtskheta an ancient capital and spiritual center of Georgia, a city that is 2500 years old.
- Svetitskhoveli Temple built in 1010-1029, where the Chiton of Christ is kept.
Walking tour of the old town.
We will see:
- Sioni Cathedral — In ancient times, there was a tradition in Georgia to name temples after the holy places of Jerusalem. One of these temples is the Cathedral of Sioni, repeating the name of the symbol of Jerusalem — the sacred Mount Zion. Prior to the construction of the Tsminda Sameba Cathedral (2004), Sioni was a patriarchal cathedral and was considered the main temple of Tbilisi and Georgia.
- str. Wine rise — An ancient path from the Avlabari Upland, where the Marneuli and Navtlug roads connected, to the Metekhi bridge. The ancient name of the area is Sirachkhana, in the 19th century the main city bazaar was located here, they sold wine.
- Bridge of Peace—Standing out against the background of the old buildings of the historical center of Tbilisi, over the river Mtkvari (Kura) there is a unique glass Bridge of Peace, connecting the two banks like two eras. On the one hand, the architecture of the past, on the other, a modern city.
- Park Rike (Park of Europe) — is widely spread in the heart of the Old Town on the banks of the Kura River. It is an island of calm and serenity in the center of noisy Tbilisi, but at the same time you can not only walk slowly under the canopy of trees and enjoy the fresh air, greenery and silence.
- Let’s take the cable car up to the fortress Narikala(IV century AD) — an ancient citadel in the historical part of Tbilisi and one of the sights of the capital of Georgia. It is not exactly known when the stone fort was built on the hill, but in the 4th century, even before the foundation of the city, it existed under the name of Shuris-Tsikhe. It is believed that the Narikala fortress got its modern name under the Mongols. «Narin-Kala» means «small fortress». For many centuries, no one managed to take the fortress by battle. The powerful citadel rises on one of the spurs of Mount Mtatsminda — Narikala Hill, which is part of the Sololak Range. Translated from the Georgian language «Mtatsminda» means «holy mountain». The mountain rises above Tbilisi on the right bank of the Kura, almost in the center of the city. It dominates the entire urban development and is one of the symbols of Tbilisi.
- Waterfall in the Fig Gorge— the picturesque Legvtakhevi Gorge (Fig Gorge) is located in the very center of Tbilisi, in the Abanotubani district. The gorge begins at the Orbelian bath and ends with a waterfall, which forms the Tsavkisistskali river, which flows through the Botanical Garden. During the presidency of Mikhail Saakashvili, this place was equipped, footpaths were made here, and at present the gorge is one of the most visited places in the Georgian capital by tourists. Thousands of people come here every day.
- Sulfur Baths— The Sulfur Baths of Tbilisi are one of the most important sights of the capital. In fact, these are ordinary public baths, their only feature is that the water in them comes from underground, from sulfur sources — warm and with a characteristic smell of hydrogen sulfide. By the way, rest and treatment in Georgia go hand in hand, many resorts have some kind of healing springs.
- Metekhi Temple — The hallmark of Tbilisi is the Metekhi Temple. It seems to grow out of a huge rock on the banks of the Kura. Spread over the river, the temple silently looks at Meidani Square and the city itself, at modern people and carefully stores somewhere in its very depths all those memories and pictures from the past that it had to endure.
- Mosque — The Shiite mosque, which was also commonly called the Blue or Tatar mosque, was built in 1524 on a high rocky bank of the Mtkvari River not far from the ancient Metekhi Church of the 13th century. The mosque was founded at the request of the famous Persian Shahinshah, poet and military leader from the Safavid dynasty Ismail I.
- Monument to Vakhtang Gorgasali— the monument to the founder of Tbilisi, Vakhtang Gorgasali, was erected relatively recently — in 1970. It blends so seamlessly into the landscape that it is impossible to imagine the city without it. The monument is set on a rock on the banks of the Kura River near the Metekhi temple. This neighborhood is not accidental — it was Vakhtang who first strengthened the faith of the Georgian people, built churches and monasteries. And now King Vakhtang stands and overshadows Tbilisi, the main square of the old city of Meydan, and protects this holy land from enemies.
- str. Shardeni — The street and the district got their names in honor of the French traveler Jean Chardin, who visited Tbilisi in the 19th century on a Catholic mission and colorfully described the city in his notes. Now the Shardeni district is a kind of analogue of the Moscow «Red October» — such a concentration of bars, clubs and other similar establishments is not found anywhere else in the city. But here, too, creative Georgian sculptors were noted — in general, extraordinary sculpture in the most unexpected places can be considered almost a hallmark of the center of Tbilisi.
- Rezo Gabriadze Puppet Theatre — The clock tower near the Puppet Theater in Tbilisi appeared only a year and a half ago, but it seems that it has always been there, it blended very organically and unmistakably into the architecture of the old street.
Dinner (extra charge)
|The cost of the excursion day includes:||Additional costs:|
Lunch in Mtskheta;
Cable car ticket.
Departure from the hotel with luggage.
Visit Tbilisi Mall
Tbilisi Mall is the largest shopping center in the South Caucasus. Prices are average and generally do not differ for goods in similar shopping centers in Tbilisi, and of similar quality. You can find here such brands as: KOTON, ZARA, BERSHKA, CORSO ITALIA, DEFACTO, FERRO, MASSIMO DUTTI, MAVI, STRADIVARIUS and many others.
Visit an excellent French supermarket Carrefour, as well as a delicious meal in a cafe located in the shopping center.
Departure to Nalchik
|The cost of the excursion day includes:||Additional costs:|
|PRICE||16’000 rubles per person|
|DURATION||4 days / 3 night|
|AMOUNT IN THE GROUP||from 6 pax|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||
|You must have all needed documents — passport and visa on necessity.
Important to know! If weather conditions are unfavorable for the tour, then changes to the planned route are possible, including the day and time of departure.
|Travel by minibus tour class|
|Accommodation in the center of Tbilisi (in the Old Town) hotel 3* for 3 nights|
|1 Lunch and 1 dinner|
|Cableway in Tbilisi|
|Excursion service according to the tour program with a qualified guide|
|Tbilisi sightseeing tour|
|COST||16 000 rubles.|
- lunches and dinners
- Personal expenses